Skip to main content

Paily Escape Artists

By Anu Paul

5th of January 2021 



 My friend (Kate) first introduced me to Panic Rooms in 2018, and I have done 3 live rooms with various friends. I have always enjoyed them even though I am not very good at them. So, when Kate told me that an online version was available during lockdown, I was very excited and wasted no time in booking one for the (Paily) family to take part in the Escape Room.

Getting the whole Paily family to take part was a bit more difficult to do though. Major problems like how there is a 13 hour difference between George in Connecticut and the Lage-Pailys in Singapore made it more difficult but we still did it! In the end, it could only happen because Uncle George very kindly agreed to stay up till 2 am and Master Daniel promised to wake up at 6.30am just to tackle a panic room. That is dedication!
We had a full house buzzing with excitement, on Sunday when we started our mystery hunt. It was very quickly clear that there are some great, crooked minds in this family. I myself am not very quick at figuring out the clues but take great pleasure in watching my siblings and the little ones jumping from clue to possibility to crazy guess. It was very entertaining indeed. We got a bit stuck with the second clue but after that we were on fire and finished in about 90 minutes. A great achievement!
I hope we will get a chance to do a few more before life returns to the daily grind. I will count this as one of the good things that has come out of this pandemic.

Comments

  1. Great story! It was a lot of fun. Thanks, Anuchechi, for setting it up for us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gartic Phone: A user’s guide

  Gartic Phone   A funny game of drawing, guessing and prompting! By Paloma Lage - Paily  Gartic Phone was originally developed by Orizon Social Games and was then was first popularised by ‘Kameto’ on twitch.tv. An Android app version of the game was released in 2012 and then the browser version was released in 2013. You can play on your own (but it's boring) or you can play with up to 30 players!  In Gartic Phone there are a few different modes you can play: Normal - write and draw till the last round, No rush - unlimited time until everyone’s done, Secret - everything you draw and write disappears after a few seconds, Speedrun - the clock is faster whilst you draw and write, Knock-Off - Everyone draws and then,  you rotate drawing, until everyone has had their turn, Sandwich - write and draw till the end, then describe the final drawings. Basic Gameplay - Player Click on the link that your host should have sent you. Decide on your Profile name and Avatar - mul...

Covid-19 Vaccine

By Anu Paul January 11th 2021   When Edward Jenner discovered that having cow pox protected you from deadly small pox, I wonder if he had any idea how his discovery would change the world.  Today, this concept of fooling your immune system into developing immunity against a dangerous illness by giving it a milder illness has been developed so far that we now know that you only need the shape of the disease-causing organism to make your immune system develop the antibodies necessary to fight it. I am proud to say that I have gotten the first dose of the COVID vaccine.  I have now joined the group of 1.6 million people in the UK who have already been given a vaccine against COVID -19. Since I work in a hospital, I belong to the priority group that is being vaccinated early. But truth be told, I am yet to see a single patient with corona virus. Working as I do in the children's hospital in a specialty which doesn't see many lung infections, I am relatively shielded...

A Family Trip to Fort Siloso

By Sebastian Lage - Paily Last weekend, our family (the Lage-Paily’s) went to an old British Fort in Singapore called Fort Siloso. It was named that because Siloso means 'rock' and there was a giant rock in the harbour at the time, making it dangerous for any ship to pass through. The fort was never actually used, because the British anticipated that the Japanese would come from the south, and so heavily fortified the area, but instead, the Japanese came through present-day Malaysia, and through the north, where there was much less  stopping them. To get there we walked through Sentosa, probably the most touristy part of Singapore. Sentosa contains many different rides and games, mostly aimed at tourists who come visit Singapore for a short amount of time. But because of COVID- coming to Singapore there were no tourists there, and the park is similar to a ghost-town. Very few people go there, and most rides are closed.  After travelling through Sentosa, we arrived at Fort Silo...